This morning, I sent my 2 children to school together with my parents and wife. I always enjoy doing so. To me, spending time as much quality time with children is priceless. (Sorry, I do not work in Mastercard)
Anyway, as usual, my elder daughter who is 3+ likes to go to the classroom window to say goodbye to us. On our way out from the childcare, my father (who was the last one out) tried to hold the door open for another parent and close the door himself. That woman simply walks pass without even seeing my father, not to mention saying a word thank you. Obviously my father is very disappointed. So I asked him, what can he do? He likes friendly people. If he is in the receiving end (another person open door for him), there will be more than 1 thank you from him. I know him well.
So I tell my father, he should just do what he thinks is right. He should not feel disappointed if there is no thank you in return. Not everybody is born equal (in terms of courtesy). The society has changed. It is a very materialistic world. Everything else is not important. I was wondering what if the person who open the door is my daughter? Should I tell him in future, just walk out, let the person behind you close the door? It is difficult to teach kids moral when the adults are not practicing it. My parents do not see that this is important as long as their kids achieved straight A, get into good schools & universities, earn a high pay job. Afterall money can do many things and bring happiness right?
I hope majority of parents will realize that money is not the root cause of happiness, but moral is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment