Monday, February 22, 2010

Religion should not mix with Politics

How many people joins politics so that they can serve their people better, by giving them better life, higher knowledge, low crime? Not many, in fact I would dare to say, if 1% of politicians fall into that category, we should be very happy.

Now Dalai Lama has visited US. Everyone knows China is not happy. A smart person like Dalai Lama should have known it too. He should be happy that President Obama is granting him time for discussion. Why does he need to approach the reporters after the meeting and let them know he was happy with the meeting? My personal view is he is trying to settle a score with China. If so, being a person who preach Buddhism, why does he seeds hatred? I agreed the Tibet is unique in terms of religion, culture, and something China should have preserved and not interfere. President Obama also agrees and that should make Dalai Lama happy. Yes there are political detainees who suffers but as a leader, I think he should reduce the suffering, rather than keep on fighting a losing war. Having said that, I hope China leaders will give autonomy to Tibet, let the common people live their lives. Many of them just want to earn a living and grow their family. Every single human race in this planet does. So try to find a win-win situation. From what I see from Dalai Lama visits to US, he does not want peace for Tibet. He is more interested to get independence. Does independence make the Tibetans live better? Many more will suffer as a result of this fight. On the other hand, as I have said, I have China will not suppress Tibet people. If so, there is no need to Tibet to fight to independence.

I am not saying China or Tibet is right or wrong. I just hope there will be less suffering for people in Tibet, but I do not think Dalai Lama can achieve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment