Monday, February 22, 2010

How good is Man Utd?

I have been supporint Man Utd for the past 30 years. And I have genuine concern that they will do a Liverpool, especially when Sir Alex Ferguson is no longer their coach. Personally I like Jose Morinho to take over. Yes, he is a elegant and proud coach, but his track record is there for everyone to see. He likes Man Utd. The players like him. But I am not sure if the Glazers like an outspoken coach like Morinho.

I think it is very stupid of the Glazers to burden the club with interest. I hope a billionaire will take over this club. They have very good coach like Sir Alex. One thing I like about him is he is frank. He supports the Glazers but agree that the supporters to critisize the Glazers. In another words, he does not suck up to their balls. This is good as he can buy a player he wants. I agreed with him that just because he has 80 million pound to spend does not mean he has to pay premium for a player, no matter how good he is. Another thing I like about Sir Alex is he bears no grudge, against Beckham, Ronaldo. What has happened has passed, he just focus on Man Utd football future. A lot of people gives him the stick for a sore loser. Which coach likes to lose? One thing I disagree with his view is he lets Tevez go. Tevez is a good player and he formed a good partnership with Rooney. Berbetov is a good player but he is not Tevez.

Man Utd should buy a creative midfielder who can split the defence and a backup striker for Rooney. They also need a left winger who is as good as Valencia.

I do hope Man Utd is as good as they always be. Be competitive, invest player at a right price. But please reduce the footballing debt. It does not make sense. Has the Glazers give a projection when the current business model can fully redeem the debt?

No comments:

Post a Comment