I have read with sadness that the mother nature has unleased its fury again on Chile less than 2 months of Haiti earth quake. It is another moment of sadness. For the past 2 days, I chanted Compassionate Sutra and dedicated the merit to the people of Chile. Normally I would have dedicated the merit to happiness, safety, peaceful for my entire family. But surely the victims of Chile needed more compassionate help than I do.
I have just read from the newspaper that people who stayed in the Pacific Ocean coast continue to enjoy their life at the beaches despite the Tsunami warning. I total agree with the scientist to issue major Tsunami warning to the states. This is because life are valuable and should not be taken for granted. If I were the scientist, I would also do the same. They are trying to save life. If the Tsunami is smaller than expected, then everybody should be relieve as there is no life loss and property damage are very limited. Afterall, it is a 8.8 earth quake. Next time if the same happen (which I hope not for many years to come), I hope scientist continue to be conservative in protecting living being. Of course being accurate in prediction makes a scientist famous but morally it is more noble to use the position which millions of people in the Pacific coast entrusted with to take care of their life. Also next time, I hope people take the warning more seriously. Even those who do not care for their life, they should care for the love ones feelings. The love ones will suffer in sorrow when one dies.
Meanwhile, I hope anyone who read my blog, please offer your sincere prayer and assistance to the victims of earth quake in Chile and Haiti.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment